The noticeable features of the computer based ONLINE entrance test are :
- The applicant will be allotted a computer and the questions are presented on the monitor screen. The applicant submits his/her answers through the use of the mouse pointer. The computer is connected to the server, which delivers the test in real time, through a reliable connectivity.
- Online Entrance test assumes that the applicant has basic knowledge to use computer like use of keyboard and the mouse. It is the responsibility of the applicant to acquire these skills before appearing in the test and the university cannot take responsibility for the same.
- The applicant must ensure that the computer allotted to him/ her is switched on. Any problem with the computer must be brought to the notice of the invigilator immediately.
- The questions will be in English- Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ type).
- Each MCQ will consist of a stem which may be in the form of a question or an incomplete statement and four responses labeled A, B, C and D. Out of the four responses, only one is correct or the most appropriate answer. Applicants must choose the correct or most appropriate answer by clicking on the button next to the answer.
- Applicants can navigate (Next and Previous) freely through the questions.
All rough work should be done in the paper/s supplied at the Test Centre. The applicants are not allowed to take any other paper/s from outside into the test hall for this purpose.
Scoring, Negative Marking
Each question carries four marks. Each correct answer will be awarded four marks. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers or unanswered questions.
Students will be awarded ranks on the basis of marks obtained. In case of two students scoring equal marks in the test, sum of best two subjects will be considered. In case of more students having the same sum of best two, the one getting single highest in any of the subject will be considered.
Regulations at the Test Centre
Applicants should arrive at the test centre as per the reporting time mentioned in the e-hall ticket. Prior to the start of the actual test, there will be pre-test process which includes registration and on-site orientation. If an applicant arrives after the on-site orientation has begun, he/she will not be allowed to take the test. The test hall will be opened 30 minutes before the commencement of the test.
The applicant has to register his/her name at the registration counter. The e-hall tickets will be checked to satisfy the identity of the applicant. A photograph of the applicant may also be clicked at the test centre for verification purpose.
Each applicant will be given a seat with a computer. Applicants must be their allotted seats at least 15 minutes before the commencement of the test.
Applicants will not be allowed to carry into the test hall any textual material, printed or hand written, bits of papers or any other material except the e-hall ticket. Applicants are also not permitted to bring calculators, slide rules, electronic watches with facilities of calculators, laptop or palmtop computers, personal stereo systems, walkie-talkie sets, mobile phones, paging devices or any other object/device that is likely to assist in unfair means.
No applicant will be allowed to go outside the test hall till the completion of the entire test/ process. Once an applicant leaves the hall (even if only to answer the call of nature) he/ she may not be allowed to return under any circumstances. Smoking in the test hall is strictly prohibited. Tea, coffee, cold drinks or snacks are also not allowed to be taken into the test hall.
There are no waiting facilities for family and friends at the test centre. Applicants should plan to meet them elsewhere after the test ends.
Applicants shall maintain perfect silence and attend to their questions only. All actions of the applicant in the test hall will be closely monitored using web cameras and closed circuit TV cameras. Any conversation or movement or disturbance in the test hall shall be deemed as misbehavior and if an applicant is found using unfair means or impersonation, his/ her candidature will be cancelled and he/ she shall be liable to be debarred from taking examination either permanently or for a specified period to be decided by PU. PU reserves the right to withhold the result of such applicants.
Applicants must sign the attendance sheet in the presence of the invigilator. The invigilator will also put his/her signature in the place provided on the e-hall ticket.